Gluten-Free Pineapple Blueberry Muffins
Gluten-Free Pineapple Carrot Muffins
- 1/2 c coconut flour
- 1/2 c almond meal or hazelnut flour
- 1/2 c ground flax, golden
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 c sugar (coconut) (I make this dry muffin mix and keep it handy in my freezer and use 2 cups of it with the wet ingredients below.)
- 1 c carrots, grated
- 1/2 c pineapple, crushed or small chunks
- 1 c blueberries
- 1 orange, rind + juice + pulp
- 2/3 c coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Add fruits and juice.
- Add oil and vanilla.
- Stir in eggs to moisten. Add a little almond milk or water, if it seems too dry.
- Spoon high into muffin tray in parchment paper cups. Note gluten free flour doesn’t rise the way regular flour does.
- Bake at 375F for 20-25 minutes
- Makes around 18 medium-sized muffins